Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Mission Call!

Well, it finally came! After ten weeks of anxiously stalking my mailbox I finally got the big white envelope with Elder printed on it. I opened it up with an unsteady hand and read the area that I will be serving for the next two years of my life. I have been assigned to.... Drum roll please..... the Arizona Tempe Mission!!!! I am way excited! I report to the MTC on May 23 2012. I will be speaking English, of which I am quite fluent in, but my Mission does border Mexico, so I imagine I will hear a lot of Spanish.
I am super excited about this and I am so grateful that the Lord has blessed me with this opportunity to serve him and bring the joy of the gospel to the lives of the people in Arizona!

1 comment:

Kallie Rae said...

Chris, I am so Happy for you!!! You are going to be a Great Missionary! You have always been a wonderful example to me, thank you!!!!!!!!! I am sure going to miss you, but I know this is what you need to do right now in your life, I am grateful you have chosen to serve a mission:) I love you more than you know:)